Mawaqif, Indigo’s subsidiary in Qatar, has won the contract to operate the largest underground car park in the world, becoming no 1 in Qatar. Msheireb Properties appointed Mawaqif Qatar to operate the Msheireb project’s underground car parks. With more than 10,000 parking spaces deployed up to six basements, this huge facility will be accessible through 22 access ramps. It will serve more than 100 buildings built or under construction on 31 hectares in the heart of Doha. Mshereib Downtown Doha (“MDD”) will be the world’s first sustainable downtown regeneration project with the aim to reviving the old commercial district.
On February 22nd, 2017, representatives of Mshereib Properties and QDVP signed a contract to operate one of the largest underground car parks in the world.
With more than 10,000 parking spaces spread over six basements, this huge facility will be accessible through 22 access ramps. It will serve more than 100 buildings that have been built or are under construction on 31 hectares of land in the heart of Doha. Mshereib Downtown Doha (“MDD”) will be the world’s first sustainable downtown regeneration project and its aim is to breathe new life into the old commercial district.
In compliance with the MMD’s objectives, MAWAQIF QATAR has proposed an innovative and high-end car park approach based on cutting-edge technologies that include digital platforms and centralization systems. “We will take a user-centric approach to the new technologies. Our goal is to deliver irreproachable quality of service, propose a unique parking experience and provide complete satisfaction to both our customers and our client”, says Gilles Guillochon, Chief Executive Officer of MAWAQIF QATAR.
The contract is for a term of 5 years from the opening of the first part of the facilities, scheduled for mid-2017.
MAWAQIF QATAR: exclusive and prestigious references in Qatar
MAWAQIF QATAR currently operates major car parks in Doha and Lusail:
- Hamad International Airport car parks on behalf Qatar Airways, with 7,500 parking spaces
- Hotel Park Car Park (formerly Sheraton) on behalf Katara Hospitality, with 2,600 parking spaces
- Lusail Marina 3 car park, on behalf QDVC (Qatari Diar VINCI Construction). This complex has four underground car parks providing a total of 2,200 spaces.
- Hamad Hospital car parks, on behalf Hamad Medical Corporation. MAWAQIF QATAR is responsible for the reorganization of the entire parking offer (7,000 parking spaces) as part of a consulting contract.
With the addition of MDD, MAWAQIF QATAR operations and consulting contracts will reach a total capacity of approximately 30,000 bays.
MAWAQIF QATAR: a local parking and mobility operator present in Qatar since 2011
MAWAQIF QATAR – incorporated in July 2011 – is a joint venture company owned by QDVC (51%) and Indigo (49%).
- QDVC is a Qatari shareholding company whose vision is to create a thriving local construction company. Its shareholders are Qatari Diar Real Estate Investment Co. and the France-based VINCI Construction Grand Projects.
- Indigo is the leading worldwide car park operator managing over 4,600 facilities, 2.3 million parking bays and 2,500 km of on-street parking in 17 countries on 3 continents. The France-based company Indigo has been working with local authorities and private companies for more than 55 years.